Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 1 released
Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 1 has finallyÂ been released - sort of - and can be downloaded from the Microsoft download website. The links are already up and it is only a matter of time when the links do not point to an "Ups sorry link not found message" but the real download link of the Office 2007 Service Pack 1.
I'm not sure why Microsoft decided to create the links first and wait with the page creation that those links lead to but it surely is annoying. The only link that is currently working is the Office Update link on the left side of the download center which requires a genuine Office 2007. The download links are not working right now.
Lets see what Microsoft has to say about the Service Pack 1 and the benefits for home users and businesses found in the Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 1 Whitepaper.
- By deploying the 2007 Office system SP1, home users and businesses can quickly reap benefits in the following areas:
- Stability. Using data from the Dr. Watson bug-reporting system, Microsoft fixed, at minimum, the five software bugs that most frequently caused each application in the 2007 Office system to crash. The 2007 Office system SP1 also improves the stability of server components in the 2007 Office system and compatibility with Windows ServerÂ® 2008, so companies can more confidently move forward with upgrade plans.
- Performance. The 2007 Office system SP1 improves performance in applications that are pervasive in modern offices, most notably: Microsoft Office ExcelÂ® 2007, Microsoft Office OutlookÂ® 2007, Microsoft Office PowerPointÂ® 2007, and Microsoft Office SharePointÂ® Server 2007.
- Security. By incorporating incremental advances in security and results from application testing, the 2007 Office system SP1 offers home and office users better protection against malicious software and potential threats to privacy
Here are my top picks that I think really make it worth to install the Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office:
- When inputting calculations that should result in numbers 65,534 through 65,536, Office Excel 2007 no longer returns the display error of 100,001
- Office Outlook 2007 no longer closes unexpectedly when the junk e-mail rule is set to null.
- Items moved from an offline folder file (.ost) to a personal folder file (.pst) now display properly in the preview pane.
- When users try to open a presentation in Office PowerPoint 2007 from a Web site using forms authentication, the presentation will now appear properly.
- With Office Word 2007, users can now open and edit embedded objects that contain other embedded objects.
- Office Word 2007 no longer prints an extra page when users choose a printer with the duplex option enabled.
- Improved performance in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 eliminates frustrating delays when opening large mailbox files and frees office workers to focus on important business tasks. The 2007 Office system SP1 makes it easier to open large offline folder files (.ost) and personal folder files (.pst) that are located directly on the userâ€™s machine.
Here are the direct links to the Service Pack 1 downloads, as mentioned above they are not active yet but will be later today. Update: We had to remove some links as they were not available anymore.
- Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 1
Visio 2007 Service Pack 1
Project 2007 Service Pack 1
- Calendar Printing Assistant for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office InterConnect 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office Project Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office Visio Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- The 2007 Microsoft Office Servers Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- The 2007 Microsoft Office Servers Language Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1), 64-Bit Edition
Update 2: Microsoft released the second and third service pack for Office 2007 in the meantime. Check out our review of the third Service Pack for Office 2007 here.
Update 3: Office 2007 support ended officially on October 10, 2017. The software continues to work, but Microsoft won't release security updates or other updates for it anymore (with the possibility of exceptions).Advertisement