If you are in need of a bit of music for this Holiday -- read Christmas -- season, then Microsoft has you covered. The company has just launched the Holiday Album Giveaway on Windows Store.
What you get? Nine Christmas themed albums for you to enjoy, or not. The enjoyment question depends on whether you like Justin Bieber.
Update: The offer expired. There is no option anymore to download these songs to your system.
Lets take a look at the nine albums:
- Justin Bieber – Under The Mistletoe, Deluxe Edition
- Ariana Grande – Christmas Kisses
- Mary J. Blige – A Mary Christmas
- The Jackson 5 – Ultimate Christmas Collection
- Rod Stewart – Merry Christmas, Baby (Deluxe)
- Vince Guaraldi – A Charlie Brown Christmas, Remastered & Expanded Edition
- Boris Karloff – How The Grinch Stole Christmas: Original Soundtrack
- Various Artists – A Motown Christmas
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra – Dreams Of Fireflies (On A Christmas Night)
All you need to do is open Windows Store on your device. I tested this on Windows 10 and it worked, but don't know if Windows 8.x users will also be able to grab the free albums or if the offer is Windows 10 exclusive.
You can use the links as well posted above to go to individual album pages right away. Click on the free link there to open the linked Store page and start the download of the album from there.
Microsoft displays the Holiday Giveaway Album link on the front of the Store. It opens the collection of nine albums, all free.
You may pick one, some or all. Click on the album that you want, and then on the free button on the next page. This links the album to your account. Repeat the process for any other album you want.
Once done, you may hit the play button right away to start playback of one of the albums. All albums are downloaded to the local system automatically from where you can play them.
You find them in the Music\Purchases folder on the device. Please note that you can play the songs in any music player, not just Groove. I have tested playback in AIMP3 and it worked just fine.
Enjoy, and have a nice weekend.